Happy to have found this food-blog, very lovely photos and videos too.. The roostblog is a collaboration work of Caitlin and her husband who live in Birmingham, Alabama. She eliminated all grain and processed sugar from their diets to treat her husband’s Crohn’s disease naturally, which has worked well! She is writing her first hardcover cookbook, which will be out in 2014. Will buy that one when it comes out!
Grilled summer squash & peach salad with manchego & white truffle
Grilled Summer Squash & Peach Salad with Manchego & White Truffle (serves 4 as an appetizer or side dish).
- 4 small to medium zucchini, ends trimmed
- 4 small to medium yellow squash, ends trimmed
- 3 peaches, cut lengthwise in half, pit removed
- 1 TBS chopped mint
- 1 TBS chopped tarragon (or basil)
- 1/2 cup shaved manchego cheese, ( I found using a vegetable peeler works best)
- olive oil for drizzling
- 1 TBS pure white truffle oil (more may be used according to taste)
- salt and pepper
Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium/high heat.
Carefully slice the summer squash into thin strips and lay flat on a baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil over the squash and peach halves. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
When the grill is ready carefully add the vegetables and fruit ( I had to do this in about three batches). Grill each side for 2-3 minutes or until each side is slightly charred and softened.
Place grilled vegetables and peaches on a platter (I cut the peaches into wedges but you can leave them whole if you desire). Sprinkle with herbs and cheese. Drizzle with truffle oil and enjoy!